Junior HR Business Partner
About the Company:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Who we are:
At Guaranteed Rate, we’ve built a corporate culture that places an emphasis on achieving success through career development, as well as through individual wellness and a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
We offer our team members attractive compensation plans combined with a benefits package that includes health, medical, dental, vision and a 401K matching plan.
Summary and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking an intelligent, friendly, knowledgeable Junior HR Business Partner to join our innovative and passionate team. An HRBP works on the human resource team in various aspects. The HRBP needs to have solid HR experience in all aspects such as hiring, performance management, separations of employment, benefits, HRIS, understanding and knowledge of laws, HR risks and more.
- Supports the HR team in implementing programs to help improve the company, culture and team member experience.
- Accepts ownership and enhances the team and company reputation by accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value and maintain confidentiality.
- Builds relationships with GR team members and leaders and provides a high level of customer service.
- Helps implement effective programs, process and HR policies; Provides support, including hiring, new hire orientation, compensation, wellness and benefits, training, development, team relations and engagement.
- Assists leaders with performance management, coaching, disciplinary actions and separations of employment; Helps improve performance by identifying and clarifying opportunities to improve; evaluates potential solutions and helps to implement solutions.
- Completes special projects and objectives, conducts research, develops and organizes information and delivers results.
- Enhances engagement by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and assisting with team building activities.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with hiring leaders and recruiting team to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates.
- Identify ways to improve; generates and shares ideas.
- Completes necessary administrative functions such as maintaining files and tracking.
- Trains, shares and provides support to HR team members.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or relevant experience.
- 3+ years’ experience and thorough knowledge in HR.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems; Ceridian preferred.
- HR Expertise in a national company with multiple locations.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
- Has sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused mindset, with high level of professionalism and discretion – high sense of urgency and solid presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and time usage skills.
- Proven business acumen and able to partner with other teams.
- Customer-first mindset, friendly and has a sense of urgency.
- Self-starter who can succeed in a super-fast culture.
- Highly proficient utilizing all Microsoft Office programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel).
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law