Learning and Development Specialist
Paylocity's mission is to bring Payroll and HR departments and the professionals who run them, out of the backroom and into the front office. What we offer goes beyond basic payroll and human resource management functionality by adding tools for critical business insight and intelligence that afford better organizational decision making. The L&D Department at Paylocity strives to be a best-in-class and award winning Learning and Development organization committed to developing innovative solutions to empower both employees and clients and drive their success. This position partners with the team to build skills and capacity to achieve our key objectives and better respond at the speed of need.
Performance Objectives/Job Duties:
- Delivers training and instruction in accordance with defined training needs and provides instruction in a general training program or assigned training subject
- Administers classroom trainings for internal audiences
- Assists with training plans and materials either by enhancing existing materials or developing the original documentation
- Utilizes a variety of training tools to enhance learning and the use of our products such as user guides, videos, tutorials, and e-learning
- Maintains accurate training records
- Design internal and external training materials
- Solicit participant feedback and address areas for opportunity as needed
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and documents progress of participants, communicating to respective managers as needed
- Attends various training enhancement webinars for development and growth
- Lead training sessions at our annual Client Conference
- Travel as required
Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Prior training experience of 1 to 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Psychology, Education or other relevant discipline area
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods including needs assessment and instruction design for instructor led, virtual, online, and blended training.
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite – Word, Power Point, Excel
- Prior payroll experience
- Experience with blended learning approach and eLearning tools