Learning & Development Manager
SPINS is seeking a world class Learning & Development Manager to create and deliver learning solutions that build SPINS’ talent and leadership capabilities.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The Learning & Development Manager will create and deliver learning solutions that build SPINS’ talent and leadership capabilities. This is a newly created position in a high growth organization. This role is critical to ensuring we actively leverage strategies and programs focused on employees’ continuous learning and development. As a member of the People Operations (PO) team, the Manager will collaborate with PO team members, as well as directly with leaders throughout the company, to implement talent initiatives that engage, align, develop and retain the necessary talent to achieve SPINS’ strategic goals. Ultimately, you will help our company succeed by training and developing our people.
Design & Development
- Partner with the Chief People Officer to establish organizational development and talent management strategies that will ensure leadership continuity and career progression for employees
- Conduct organizational needs analyses, collaborating with business unit leaders, and recommend proposed solutions to meet business challenges
- Design innovative learning and development programs to strengthen individuals’ industry and product knowledge, business acumen, and leadership skills, and drive a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Leverage instructional design methods to deliver engaging, outcome driven learning experiences
Delivery, Facilitation & Project Management
- Expertly facilitate training programs and blended solutions
- Manage the successful delivery of projects and initiatives, balancing development work with time in the classroom.
- Establish pre-training and post-training metrics, training evaluation tools, program effectiveness assessments and address needs for improvement where necessary
- Partner with People Operations team members to scale content and delivery
- Contribute to the building of a performance based organizational culture by deploying learning programs that challenge and reward talent
- Help managers develop team members by creating career path frameworks and aligning content to support the desired progressions.
- Create and maintain learning events and activities; maintain course descriptions, calendars, rosters, and schedules
- Identify opportunities to streamline, simplify, and improve learner / participant experiences
What you bring.
- 8-10 years’ experience developing and delivering talent development and training programs, including leadership development
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships across all levels within the organization
- Create/maintain credibility and positive relationships and effectively influence directions and strategies
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Experience using a variety of e-learning approaches; basic abilities in Articulate, Captivate or other e-learning development tools
- Desire to build and be an individual contributor
- Previous experience starting up a training function
- Simultaneously manage several projects and deliver timely results
- Passion, leadership, intelligence and determination to succeed
- Adjust to changing priorities and a fast-paced environment
The SPINS Way: The right candidate for us will be…
- Vibrant – You’re passionate about doing meaningful, impactful work.
- A Disruptor – You’re not afraid to do things differently
- Connected – You work well as part of a team, and you build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions, and for our work
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) + Company Match
- FSA for medical and commuter expenses (SPINS contributes 25%)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Bike Storage
- Fresh and Healthy Snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.