Learning & Development Specialist at Paylocity
The Learning and Development Specialist plays a critical role in the onboarding, early stage development and ongoing learning phases of an Account Manager/Customer Services Representative roles and other internal audiences.
The Learning and Development Specialist I is responsible for delivering and continually improving trainings for our internal audiences on a variety of topics. This position requires product knowledge, adult learning acumen, and excellent communication and presentation skills. The Learning and Development Specialist is also responsible for staying current with product and learning-method knowledge.
- Deliver new hire and ongoing training to Paylocity employees which includes products, services, skills, policies, and procedures that are relevant to the audience and intended to enhance the client and/or employee experience
- Maintain current product knowledge by taking any newly offered trainings and attending necessary meetings
- Ensure all trainees are actively engaged in the training process by preparation, personalization of training content, and implementation of activities
- Conduct ongoing refresher and cross-training modules in critical areas as needed
- Assess learning styles and collaborate with other L&D Specialists and Instructional Designers to ensure course curriculum, materials, modality and resources are aligned
- Participate in special projects (i.e. course redesigns) in partnership with other subject matter experts to drive learning adoption
- Serve as product champions to identify knowledge gaps and bridge gaps through course amendments and interactive exercises as well as serve as a key interaction point with technology team to keep the product owners up to date on the ever changing needs of our client audience
- Proactively identify required course enhancements and changes to meet the evolving needs of the business and then make the required changes in a timely manner.?
- Gather feedback and share insights with ID team.
- Independently learn new courses (for certification purposes) to drive personal expertise and develop the expertise of others?
- Communicate product changes that impact the learning through the L&D collaboration tool to ensure that all team members are informed
- Leverage non training time to develop learning strategies and determine future course needs and enhancements
- Travel as required
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Psychology, Education or other relevant?discipline area preferred or
- Prior training experience a plus
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods including needs assessment and instruction design for instructor led, virtual, online, and blended training
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Prior payroll experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite – Word, Power Point, Excel
- Experience with blended learning approach and eLearning tools preferred
- Demonstrated on-the-job leadership skills a plus