Manager, HR Operations at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a detail oriented and analytical Manager, HR Operations to provide support for the HR team, including but not limited to: HRIS admin and hygiene, global HR reporting and analytics, preparing Severance Agreements, preparing, and analyzing survey data, conducting HR audits to ensure compliance and helping the finance team with financial audits, maintaining HR Dashboard metrics, and tracking the HR budget. This position will interact with Executives, Managers and Individual Contributors across the organization and will receive exposure to a variety of strategic HR initiatives.
A Day in the Life: Provide insight into the practical day-to-day realities of the role.
- Maintain internal HR Information System (ADP Workforce Now) and databases
- Monitor and analyze key HR / People team metrics.
- Work with People team managers to track and monitor budget.
- Provide operational support to HR teams during Performance Review cycles to track progress, combine performance review data, set calibration agendas, and provide analytics to senior management.
- Project manage HR initiatives to completion, such as HR integration of newly acquired companies, HR systems implementation, or collecting self and manager performance reviews from the organization.
- Work with Chief People Officer to maintain the company organization chart tied, which is tied to the financial forecast and headcount budget.
- Utilize TinyPulse and Survey Monkey to create, launch, and analyze employee feedback.
- Conduct regular HR audits to ensure all necessary employee documentation on file is up to date and secure.
- Provide backup support for payroll and benefits administration, as needed.
- Assist Chief People Officer with special projects, as needed.
Role progression: State the expected progression of the role over a 6-month period. Focus on what the candidate is expected to own, learn, and improve once they are in the job, as well as outlining how the role is expected to progress over time.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete our New Hire Onboarding process.
- Meet the People team and key individuals across the organization to learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we're going.
- Familiarize yourself with our HR technology, including ADP Workforce Now, Jobvite Applicant Tracking System, Learn.Litera Learning Management System, TinyPulse Engagement Tool, Benefits portals, Microsoft Teams, RingCentral, etc.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Spend time with HR team to come up to speed on key metrics such as: attrition, diversity & inclusion metrics, EEOC reporting, etc. along with standard documentation such as Offer Letters, Performance Improvement Plans, Severance Agreements, etc.
- Spend time with Recruiting team to come up to speed on Jobvite reporting functionality.
- Come up to speed on all HR systems, including Gusto HR, ADP Workforce Now, and Ascent HR.
- Shadow and run a payroll cycle as well as benefits administration in order to act as backup support to our HR Generalist.
- Work with HR team to lay out pulse surveys for the remainder of the year.
- Come up to speed on all country specific and state specific regulations and labor laws.
- Provide Chief People Officer with weekly recruiting, HR and L&D reports.
- Manage strategic HR initiatives such as HR integration of newly acquired organizations.
- Help Manager, HR compile and analyze data for monthly Talent Meetings.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work with RevOps to put together revenue team commission plans.
- Fully manage and QC all global HR systems to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Provide assistance during Redundancy processes or Reduction in Force, as needed.
- Review and update Employee Handbooks, and all HR templates.
- Provide assistance to Chief People Officer during company budget process.
- You have experience providing HR operational duties to a company over 1000 FTEs.
- You have experience working with a globally dispersed workforce.
- You high a bar for how things you build both work and look.
- You excel in rapidly changing environments.
- You are oddly excited by data and are freakishly fixated on the small details to ensure quality.
- You have experience in a variety of HR systems.
- You have had exposure to PE firms, M&A and/or rapid growth at an organization.
- You have experience partnering and building relationships with individuals across the organization.
What Sets us Apart? Provide a list of perks, benefits, and any other unique selling points of your organization. Sell the benefits, not the features.
- Exposure to PE firm, M&A and rapid growth.
- Direct exposure to Sr Leadership team and ability to influence at the Executive level.
- Ability to directly influence people programs for a global organization.
- Super laid-back environment where hustle goes a long way and work is enjoyable.
- Great opportunity to get into a fast-growing company and build something big.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA plus company sponsored STD, LTD and Life insurance.
- No-wait, 401k plan with generous company match.
- You'll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills.
- Regular social & philanthropic events.