At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible, and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
As an integral member of the VillageMD Finance team, you will work directly with the Village Medical Director of Physician Compensation and with the Accounting, Market Operations, and Sales/Business Development teams, to assist with Village Medical’s physician recruiting initiatives and to ensure VillageMD remains in compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements related to physician contracts.
What you might do in your first year as a Manager of Physician Compensation:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate physician compensation strategies and models that align with financial and organizational objectives including physician productivity and performance.
- Collaborate with sales and operations teams to develop physician compensation proposals that help facilitate organizational and market level recruiting strategies.
- Build the necessary systems and processes to successfully administer a fully automated physician compensation program, including measurement and checks and balances.
- Ensure documentation of the necessary time sheets and other requirements resulting in accurate and reliable data to validate that providers are being paid according to agreements.
- Monitoring processes to facilitate the timely flow of contract documents through the approval process and that all appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to physician contracts.
- Develop standard templates to coordinate work across markets.
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant, progressive physician compensation experience
- Financial modeling experience required
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow within a fast-growing company
- Experience and interest in researching solutions for problems encountered
- A desire to drive results, execute on tasks, and prioritize deadlines
- A desire to innovate and improve, and build relationships internally and externally
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.