At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. Our Talent team recruits and supports the people at VillageMD who enable our organization to be on the leading edge of change in healthcare. We're in a position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems and are growing rapidly to achieve these goals.
We are adding to our Talent Acquisition team and looking for an experienced Onboarding Coordinator to join us in our mission. In this new role, you’ll be a valued partner to our talent team and will drive key initiatives fostering a best-in-class employee onboarding experience for new hires throughout our organization. As an essential contributor to our team, the Onboarding Coordinator will work across the talent team to provide the support needed to deliver on critical initiatives. This is a high-touch, high-visibility role that contributes to an exceptional employee onboarding and integration experience. You’ll be trusted to develop and own a variety of projects and drive process improvement with a focus on our core values of Getting Stuff Done, Innovation, and Building Relationships.
Some examples of work you will own as the Onboarding Coordinator at VillageMD:
- Directly managing the new employee onboarding process to ensure a seamless transition from candidate to new hire
- Coordinating with recruiters and hiring managers throughout pre-hire and onboarding to facilitate smooth candidate hand-offs and successfully integrate hiring managers into their new employee’s onboarding experience
- Leveraging our onboarding platform, Greenhouse Onboarding, to automate all aspects of the process from offer acceptance to start date and constantly innovating on workflows to streamline and enhance process
- Maintaining frequent communication with new hires to ensure the completion of assigned pre-hire activities and collection of required documentation for each candidate
- Collaborating with Talent Operations team members to confirm new hire information is processed without error in our HRIS system
- Working with Talent Development team members to manage pre-event and day-of logistics for new-hire orientation programming
- Managing and maintaining the Greenhouse Onboarding platform including creating customized onboarding experiences for specific functions/new-hire audiences and continuously updating existing experiences and workflows as needed
- Collaborating closely with local onboarding counterparts in our markets to manage market-specific onboarding workflows and drive consistency in onboarding experience across the enterprise
- Coordinating any necessary travel logistics with new hires and hiring managers
- Identifying areas of process improvement, workflow efficiencies, and generating new, innovative ideas to help the team function at its highest capacity – if it can be better, make it better!
- Being proactive and assisting the team with a wide variety of administrative tasks to allow them to them to maximize their time on critical business initiatives
What will make you successful here?
- A high service orientation while championing an outstanding onboarding process and experience for new hires and our business partners
- Able to handle and respect confidential material with absolute discretion
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- Collaborating effectively across the organization to continuously earn trust and establish strong relationships that position talent as a critical partner
- Strong communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through and an innate ability to build rapport with candidates
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 1-3 years of coordinator or administrative support experience; Recruiting or HR experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience in an early stage or growth technology company preferred
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with an ATS or onboarding platform preferred
- Highly driven and goal-oriented with proven ability to meet established goals
- Proven track record of process improvement and innovative mindset
- Innovative mindset with the ability to identify issues and proactively make recommendations for solving
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build strong relationships with new hires and employees is essential
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team
- Extreme flexibility and the desire to be a contributor to an energetic and passionate talent team
- Bachelor’s degree required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.