Onboarding Specialist at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as an Onboarding Specialist based in Chicago, IL.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for an Onboarding Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Onboarding Specialist will partner with our Talent team to drive key initiatives fostering a best-in-class employee onboarding experience for new hires throughout our organization.
Could this be you?
In support of our mission to enhance and improve healthcare outcomes, the Onboarding Specialist will work cross functionally across the Talent team to facilitate a high-touch, white-glove experience for employees onboarding into the organization.
In our dynamic, hypergrowth environment, you will need to exude positivity, focus, problem-solving skills and resilience in order to exceed the expectations of internal and external providers. This role is critical to ensuring a uniquely VillageMD experience and onboarding experience that is unparalleled in healthcare.
How you can make a difference
- Directly managing the new employee onboarding process to ensure a seamless transition from candidate to new hire
- Coordinating with recruiters and hiring managers throughout pre-hire and onboarding to facilitate smooth candidate hand-offs and successfully integrate hiring managers into their new employee’s onboarding experience
- Leveraging our onboarding platform, Greenhouse Onboarding, to automate all aspects of the process from offer acceptance to start date and constantly innovating on workflows to streamline and enhance process
- Maintaining frequent communication with new hires to ensure the completion of assigned pre-hire activities and collection of required documentation for each candidate
- Collaborating cross-functionally across the organization to continuously earn trust and establish strong relationships that position Talent as a critical partner
- Collaborating closely with local onboarding counterparts in our markets to manage market-specific onboarding workflows and drive consistency in onboarding experience across the enterprise
- Coordinating any necessary travel logistics with new hires and hiring managers
- Identifying areas of process improvement, workflow efficiencies, and generating new, innovative ideas to help the team function at its highest capacity – if it can be better, make it better!
Skills for success
- A high service orientation while championing an outstanding onboarding process and experience for new hires and our business partners
- Strong communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through and an innate ability to build rapport with candidates
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 1-3 years of coordinator or administrative support experience; Recruiting or HR experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience in an early stage or growth technology company preferred
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with an ATS or onboarding platform preferred
- Innovative mindset with the ability to identify issues and proactively make recommendations for solving
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build strong relationships with new hires and employees is essential
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team
- Extreme flexibility and the desire to be a contributor to an energetic and passionate talent team
- Bachelor’s degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.