Part-time Payroll Specialist at Cognos HR
Cognos HR is expanding our amazing payroll team!
We are a Chicago-based HR services, PEO, and consulting firm that helps startups, small, and midsize businesses grow. We are searching for a part-time, payroll specialist. The ideal candidate would have sufficient payroll experience to ensure accurate processing, and review on the entire payroll cycle for multiple clients.
With offices in downtown Chicago and Oakbrook Terrace, Cognos HR is a small but mighty group of HR and business experts, passionate about growing our clients’ business, and helping their employees develop and succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering pay changes, job titles, department/division transfers
- Is able to communicate payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to current transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper multi-state and local taxation
- 4 - 6 years’ experience processing multi-state payrolls
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Must have outstanding organizational skills
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
Sound like a good fit? Let’s do this.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to: [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
CognosHR is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.