Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Payroll Administrator will perform a wide variety of record-keeping and payroll-processing activities while ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
Reports To: Payroll Supervisor
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll for over 4,000 exempt and non-exempt multi-state employees.
- Perform all necessary activities to process in-house payroll including but not limited to analyzing, preparing, and submitting payroll data for new and current employees, benefit deductions, tax withholdings, and garnishments
- Administer and evaluate timesheets, help managers resolve time sheet discrepancies
- Prepare and process special payments and off-cycle payrolls
- Respond to all employee inquiries
- Maintain accurate payroll records related to garnishments, tax levies, and bankruptcy cases
- Submit tax deposit payments
- Distribute and mail paychecks
- Post positive pay file and process stop payments
- Work with accounting team on reconciliation of payroll accounts
- File quarterly and monthly tax returns
- Process year-end reports, including W-2, W-2c, etc.
- Conduct regular payroll audits and reconciliations to ensure the integrity of the payroll database
- Work on special projects
- Document and update procedures
- Act as a liaison regarding employee changes and other payroll-related matters with Benefits, Human Resources, and Finance departments to streamline processes
- Minimum 3 years experience processing multi-state payroll
- Experience processing bi-weekly payrolls with more than 3000 employees required
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft office – especially Excel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Prior experience with Paylocity Web Pay and Time and Labor preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon your request. You may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.