Payroll/ Compensation Compliance Manager at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Payroll/Compensation Compliance Manager to join our innovative and passionate team.
This position will be in a leading position to address compensation compliance in all areas of the business and coordinating efforts with various teams in the company. This role will largely be project orientated and require an excellent working knowledge of labor regulations and compliance for both state and federal purposes. Training on mortgage lending specific areas will be provided on the job.
Tasks/Responsibilities will include:
- Lead special projects that require thoughtful analysis, coordination with supporting departments, and the development of presentation materials for various members of the management teams.
- Assess current practices and develop recommendations to current policies to help management make informed decisions.
- Partner with the management of HR team by providing compensation expertise to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state employment and compensation laws.
- Conduct analyses of jobs, hourly wages, overtime and sick pay policies to evaluate external competitiveness and compliance with company practices and labor laws.
- Work closely with Payroll team to develop internal audit checks before payroll is processed.
- Work with Chief Accounting Officer on annual examinations for benefit plans.
- Summarize data and provide managers with succinct analysis and recommendations in both verbal and written formats.
- Assist in development of new compensation reports and team up with Accounting team on monthly compensation analysis for financial statement purposes.
- 5-7 years of Compensation experience, 1-2 years of experience in Compliance is a plus.
- BS or BA Degree required (concentration in Accounting/Finance/Business/HR preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel required (pivot tables, v lookups).
- Certified Compensation Professional (CPP) strongly preferred.
- A broad understanding of the entire Human Resource and/or HRIS discipline is helpful.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to keep information confidential, work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Work effectively in a complex and fast paced environment
- High attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Must be organized and possess strong time and project management skills
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.#LI-CD1