Payroll Specialist at Syndigo
The Payroll Specialist will own the process of payroll for the organization, ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll, including hourly and salary workforce, as well as commission and ancillary payouts. The specialist will be responsible for managing the workflows through the Ultipro HRIS, keeping consistently updated on regulations that affect payroll taxes, assist with audits and reconciliations, and managing change requests.
The role will be based in Syndigo's office in Lisle, Illinois.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Ensure data is accurately entered in Ultipro system, supporting the 400+ employees
- Produce and manage recurring and ad-hoc reporting needs of department and company leadership
- Create and update HRIS records as employees and contractors on-board and exit the organization, managing the COBRA process
- Ensure records are accurate, up-to-date, easy to access, and compliant
- Act as a resource for employees around payroll questions, explain policies, and respond to employment verification requests
- Partner with finance to create/improve processes around payroll, expenses, and taxes
- Minimum of 5 years of experience processing payroll
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience processing payroll with Ultimate Software (UltiPro) specifically
- Must have experience processing both salaried and hourly payroll
- Must have multi-state processing experience (including all state and local tax implications)
- Must have processed for equivalent size organization/growing organization
- Must have experience migrating and integrating payroll systems
- Advanced payroll reporting experience and integration with NetSuite preferred
- Carrier connection experience ideal
- International processing knowledge/experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.