We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you’ll get to do:
OppLoans is looking for a Recruiter to discover and connect with diverse candidates for our intern program and for our customer service programs. You will attract, find, and hire top talent as a true partner to leaders across these departments. You’ll continue to promote efficiency in our recruiting processes as an expert in best practices and inventive hiring methods.
- Fill important positions in Business Operations with high performers in a timely fashion.
- Own, improve, and execute Opploan’s Campus Recruiting program.
- Partner with Opploans marketing and talent experts to identify attraction initiatives.
- Establish an optimal recruiting strategy to engage passive candidates through sourcing messages and creative outreach.
- Create a sourcing and partnership strategy to increase diversity in candidate pipelines.
- Continuously and proactively build a candidate pipeline.
- Attend networking events, meetups, and conferences to attract talent and stay connected with the market.
- Work collaboratively with hiring teams to create an inclusive interview process and advise on best practices.
- Proactively identify closing strategies for offers and provide candidates with the right information to help make their decision as easy as possible; provide an exceptionally positive candidate experience.
- Organize and drive ad hoc recruiting projects to completion while documenting the results and takeaways.
- Lead with a data-driven approach to assess pipeline quality, efficiency of the hiring process, and to participate in effective problem solving.
What you will bring to the team:
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced company.
- Proven results engaging passive candidates quickly and via creative recruiting strategies.
- Experience working within an ATS.
- Strong network within the Chicago talent community to identify relevant talent.
- Ability to form and maintain University relationships with top tier institutions.
- Corporate culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the office and offering up creative, new ideas.
- Experience managing multiple searches and projects.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country.OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.