Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
We’re looking for a Recruiting Manager in Chicago to lead hiring for our operations side of the business. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the competitive nature and unique position of where Braintree sits in the market. This person should able to work seamlessly across both the Braintree and PayPal businesses, and they should be able to adeptly flex between the strategic and detail-oriented work that drives our recruiting team.
This recruiting manager will work with the non-engineering side of the organization, managing a small and mighty team, owning vendor relationships, driving our Diversity and Inclusion roadmap, and carrying a slate of requisitions. Braintree is a talent-driven company, and we’re looking for a proactive problem solver who can continue to drive our hiring teams to bring on the best talent in the market.
- Manage a team of recruiters and work together to fill aggressive yearly hiring goals across all non-technical functions (Risk, Underwriting, Support, Sales, Operations, and Venmo Support)
- Own vendor relationships and manage all projects related to strengthening our employer brand
- Co-manage the yearly Diversity and Inclusion roadmap as we continue to push to better our company through these initiatives
- Own a slate of requisitions and work with an “all hands on deck” mentality, bringing a consistent pipeline to hiring managers across the business
- Consistently work with hiring managers to ensure team and interviewer preparedness during the onsite interview process and that interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally.
- Manage candidate process and be a candidate ambassador. Determine skill level, manage offer process, including offer negotiation, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines.
- Creatively source candidates through networking, referrals, events, and other out-of-the-box sourcing ideas.
- Continuously and consistently communicate with hiring managers, providing data-driven strategic insight that will help evolve the hiring process.
- Collaborate with recruiters and coordinators to bring the best candidate experience for the folks we meet and an insanely high bar for talent coming in the door.
- Act as community ambassador
- 6+ years experience in a fast-paced, startup environment implementing a wide range of recruiting tactics and programs; ability to grasp new technologies.
- 2+ years managing a recruiting team
- Ability to build strong relationships, manage expectations and execution with the team, candidates and hiring managers.
- Flexibility to go where the needs are in the business, whether they’re supporting the Braintree or PayPal business.
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced company STRONGLY preferred.
- Ability to roll with the changes that inevitably play out in a fast-growing company.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Multi-tasking wizard.
- Must play well with others.
- BA/BS degree.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!