SENIOR COMPENSATION ANALYST at Conversant
The Senior Compensation Analyst supports the organization and recommends pay decisions that support our overall strategy and compensation philosophy. The Senior Compensation Analyst will work to support our pay-for-performance organization and compliance with all applicable labor laws and regulations. The Senior Compensation Analyst develops and utilizes report analytics to ensure Epsilon/Conversant employees are being compensated at a competitive level and aligned with the similar jobs in the market.
The senior Compensation Analyst will be called upon to support certain project activities including but not limited to the semiannual merit process, salary surveys or supporting FLSA/DOL requirements, as well as providing day-to-day support for the assigned business units or departments related to job wage and salary classification.
• Develops complex Excel spreadsheets to aid in the annual and mid-year compensation planning processes, as well as annual bonus process and other projects as needed.
• Utilizes understanding of the regulatory environment regarding compensation to help management make informed decisions.
• Assists in preparing Compensation statements and developing ways to automate processes.
• Conducts analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the company's pay practices.
• Analyst will help to conduct job analyses and recommend appropriate salary grades or market rates for specific jobs according to market driven guidelines.
• Participates in salary surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position and pay trends.
• Evaluates jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
• Summarizes data and provides management with succinct analysis and recommendations in both written and verbal formats.
• Lead on assigned projects / partner with HR, IT and payroll
• Assist in program design.
• Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
• Generates reports as requested using data from HRIS system downloads.
• Assists in the generation and analysis of compression reports, market adjustment reports, out-of-range reports, exemption change reports, or other compensation-related analyses.
• Prepares data files to upload to the HRIS, as well as any other necessary HR software packages.
• Reviews requests for job analysis, including requests for new job titles or changes to existing jobs’ job descriptions, and approves changes if necessary.
• Assists with special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or equity.
• Assists with the development, implementation and administration of compensation policies and programs.
• Minimum of 4-6 years compensation experience.
• Prior work in a fast paced, global technology firm.
• Bachelor’s degree Human Resources, Business or related preferred
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel required: able to use complex formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, graphs and charts is a must.
• Previous experience working in a large-scale enterprise environment (+5,000) providing analytic consulting, process design, program execution and support as it pertains to compensation.
• Must be accurate and have intense attention to detail and quality.
• Strong skills in other MS Office applications, such and Word and PowerPoint
• Able to communicate effectively, in written and verbal formats, with internal and external customer of all levels, including executives.
• Able to maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines, and process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
• A strong understanding of HRIS systems and relational databases.
• A broad understanding of the entire Human Resources discipline is helpful.
• Excellent interpersonal, project management, decision-making, and time management skills.