Senior HR Coordinator
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages, and unparalleled customer service we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big and push to go beyond what most people believe to be possible. We strive to deliver a world-class customer experience by strengthening our referral partner relationships and hiring the best employees for the job. Headquartered in Chicago, Guaranteed Rate employs over 5,000 people in more than 300 offices across the U.S. Thousands of homeowners have entrusted Guaranteed Rate to help them purchase their homes. In the past year, we’ve funded more than $37 billion dollars in home purchase loans and refinances.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Senior Human Resources Coordinator to join our innovative and passionate team.
What’s the Role?
You will be focused on processing candidates joining the Guaranteed Rate, Inc. family of companies along with other HR responsibilities. You will provide a great experience for your candidates and hiring managers by using your outstanding communication and organization skills. You will provide support to the HR Team by assisting with projects, reports, document creation, etc.
- Provides a great new hire experience for candidates, hiring manager, etc.
- Processes candidates and extends formal offers in a fast-paced environment
- Answers candidate’s questions related to Company policies, compensation and onboarding process
- Initiates reference or background checks on candidates
- Ensures compliance with I-9 requirements by properly completing, obtaining proper documentation, re-verifying expired documentation, and I-9 retention according to government regulations
- Communicates with hiring manager and HR Processing Manager on the status of candidates
- Mentors HR coordinators
- Acts as a liaison and advocate across HR, Payroll, and Benefits teams to manage and resolve issues
- Provides administrative HR support, including updating HR organizational chart, project assistance, preparing presentations, generating monthly and ad hoc reports, etc.
- Assists with all internal and external HR related inquires or requests for information, including but not limited to employment verification, audits, etc.
- Assists with administrative tasks and other duties as assigned including but not limited to creating/updating internal paperwork, forms, DocuSign templates
- Provide support to HR Processing Manager and Director, HR
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing environment with deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills and highly organized
- 1 - 2 years of experience in HR or related field required
- Mortgage or candidate processing experience preferred
- Service-First mindset and genuinely pleasant attitude
- Quick-learner who is able to succeed in a super-fast environment
- Highly proficient utilizing all Microsoft Office programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel)
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-AC1