Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has crafted an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion who will leverage external insights & previous experience to expand and lead the execution of an annual DEI strategy that is innovative and aligned with business goals & the overall people strategy. This strategic framework will outline the key efforts needed to attract, engage, develop, and retain a powerfully diverse, dedicated workforce and will account for DEI opportunities across the organization. Reverb has publicly committed to approximately double the percentage of U.S. employees who identify as BIPOC and reach gender parity by 2026.
Do you want to be an integral part of Reverb's people team, helping us build the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion function? If so, this may be the role for you! Reporting to the Sr. Director, Head of People, you will also work closely with other leaders across multiple functions and partner with the Etsy DEI team.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago. We are open to remote hires within multiple states. Remote candidates must be committed to travel to Reverb’s Chicago office several times a year in line with company policy. Expectations may vary depending on the role and level. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
- Establish measures to evaluate performance of annual strategic DEI employee plan, progress towards DEI goals.
- Oversee the DEI strategy creation and execution.
- Support the Reverb employee DEI council and amplify their effectiveness aligning with overall DEI and business goals.
- Be an empathetic listener to concerns raised within communities, protect safe spaces, and provide key insights to the business.
- Partner w/ key leaders across the business on all matters DEI related - sometimes advising based on external research you conduct or your own experience.
- Remain current on all trends and standard methodologies related to the enhancement of DEI initiatives & proactively educate the Executive team and People Team.
- Collaborate effectively with key partners across the entire organization on topics that range from compliance to employee relations, from talent acquisition and external partnerships to marketing and workplace, and everything in between.
- Serve as an internal speaker, educator and advocate for the Reverb DEI programs.
- Manage the DEI employee programs budget.
You will also be successful in the role if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in an HR or Talent related field with at least 3 years relevant DEI strategy and operations experience. Prior experience working in the tech industry is a major plus.
- Experience creating and driving program processes which enable smooth execution and continuous improvement
- Outstanding relationship management, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical cross-functional groups on a global scale.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, judgment, and ability to cope with emotional content, difficult conversations, and issues of identity, trauma, and belonging.
- High attention to detail and faculty to distill complex ideas into clear guidance and communications in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain order, focus and calm in times of ambiguity, emotion, stress, or changing priorities.
- Able to influence outcomes and people without reporting lines.
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude.
- Leads with optimism.
About Our Compensation and Benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy
- Sabbatical program for every 5 years of service
- Back-up Child Care Service credits
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.