Sr. Communications Leader - Internal Communications at Grubhub
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Grubhub Corporate Affairs team is a growing, dynamic team of change makers. The team is integrated across four practices: Brand, Communications, Government Relations & Policy, and Sustainability & Impact. This position will be a part of the Communications function.
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub is looking for a Sr. Comms Leader to manage the internal communications strategy & execution for the company. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in developing communications programs that drive employee engagement, manage through change and build understanding of a company narrative.. In this role, you will partner closely with leaders across the business to engage, inform, and inspire employees to ensure that they will feel connected to Grubhub’s mission, vision and values.
This person will need to shape our internal communications strategy, oversee several concurrent projects, act as a trusted advisor to members of Grubhub’s executive management team and manage/mentor team members. This role requires an innate ability to influence, regardless of organizational structure or reporting lines. You will also work closely with the broader organization to create and deliver new, higher-level internal narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as are thriving in a fast-paced environment and thinking on your feet.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Manage the internal communications strategy, branding and execution, including counsel and governance for the senior leadership team.
- Support business-wide strategy development and deployment by communicating key updates to the organization, tailored for our diverse employee base.
- Build out the internal communications infrastructure, to include alignment of existing assets and hiring for any key roles required to meet the demand for internal communications.
- Design and implement an internal communications strategy that supports an effective, transparent communications philosophy and messages the importance of our corporate position in context of our overall business strategy..
- Serve as strategic communications counsel to senior business leaders and partners across the organization.
- Ensure internal communications are aligned and consistent with the overall communications strategy by collaborating with your peers in Corporate Affairs.
- Represent communications in cross-functional teams to drive alignment around business objectives, key issues, and to advance broader company initiatives.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in communications, preferably with experience at a high-growth, tech company or in the food industry. Public policy experience is a plus, but not required.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field; post-graduate degree is a plus.
- A proven track record of planning, leading and executing successful internal communications programs in a global organization.
- The ability to manage a team, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to convey information in an easily digestible format.
- Past work with c-suite leaders, communications colleagues and the HR function to bring a company’s voice to life through compelling, creative, and authentic narratives.
- Experience managing logistics and developing executive content for employee town hall events.
- Ability to evaluate the impact and success of existing communication channels and identify/manage new channels (i.e Intranet/Wiki, slack, emails, etc.)
- Superior writing skills with high attention to detail, a natural storytelling disposition and the ability to establish trust while leading through change.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.