Sr. Director, Workplace
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with over 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities and London across our suite of apps (Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, and Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As the leader of the Facilities team at Grubhub, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across all our different businesses to oversee the facilities strategy to make every office a great place to come to work and be productive.
- Create, execute and manage a national / international real estate strategy that enables the company to have adequate space for our employees in a work environment that is safe, productive, and fun.
- Oversee critical functions including:
- Office managers.
- Construction management.
- Food and beverage.
- Vendor management.
- Lead process for identifying new properties that fit within company standard for both company culture and budget.
- Involved in all lease negotiations working with both internal and external legal counsel.
- Oversee Project Management for tenant improvement projects and interact with general contractor to ensure jobs are done on time and move-in can occur as expected.
- Utilize financial skills and acumen to make better business decisions, engage in negotiations, evaluate issues and propose solutions. (i.e. lease renewal vs. relocation vs. consolidation, etc.).
You Should Have
- + years of Facilities management experience in an office environment
- Be able to travel 25% of time to other offices and potential future locations
- Ability to navigate and analyze information to clearly and quickly work through the key issues, problems and opportunities and relay complex information and ideas to teams for execution
- Excellent business judgment, problem-solving and decision-making abilities; proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate
- Fast moving, flexible, strategic thinker who has created and maintained multi-site real estate and facilities programs
- Experience in executing and developing projects and programs on schedule and on budget
- Negotiation experience in all kinds of real estate (especially leases) and facilities contracts
- Success building a team focused on customer service