Sr Manager, Compensation, Payroll & HRIS
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are growing our People team and searching for a Sr Manager, Compensation, Payroll & HRIS you will need to be someone who is self-motivated, learns quickly, and demonstrates the ability to multi-task. This role will lead a newly formed compensation and HRIS functional and will also oversee payroll and is ideal for an individual who loves a growing start up environment building on the foundation to scale for growth.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build a compensation philosophy and framework and manage the compensation process for the organization
- Ensure Company is in compliance with all federal and local laws related to compensation and associated taxes
- Lead the salary planning, merit budget, job evaluation and salary structure components of the overall compensation system
- Collaborate with various internal groups - legal, tax, internal communications, public relations, and others as needed - on a variety of issues pertaining to equity and incentive compensation.
- Lead HRIS initiatives from conception to implementation. Propose short and long-term HRIS technology strategies and roadmaps. Collaborate with functional and technical staff, both internal and external, to achieve required HRIS results
- Optimize data and reporting - Identify synergies and other opportunities for enhancement of current systems, resources and processes for improved efficiency, quality, timeliness, and accuracy of HR functions
- Manages overall payroll manager and function, ensures compliance with all regulations and efficiency of payroll processing, team development and all payroll needs
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of people leadership skills
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in compensation, total rewards, executive compensation, payroll and HRIS within publicly traded technology, financial services, and/or retail industries
- Mastery skills in Excel
- Experience designing and linking compensation systems to retention programs and succession planning.
- Strong business acumen; a solid understanding of the financial, legal and tax implications of the various global compensation alternatives.
- Change agent driving best practices and leads innovate thinking
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that requires strong project management and decision-making capabilities. Hands-on approach required.
- Excellent strategic and analytic capability
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future trends/consequences and create innovative strategies.
- An experienced leader who values collaboration and drive an engaged and motivated team
- Executive presence with the ability to influence senior management; and work across all levels of an organization
- Collaborative business style to work effectively across all key stakeholders internally and externally
Got These? Even Better:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Master’s degree preferred, but not required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.