Sr. Manager, Compensation at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the opportunity:
The Grubhub People Team is looking to hire a Sr. Manager of Compensation that will lead our Compensation team. The ideal candidate will be a compensation expert who thrives in a growing startup environment building on the foundation to scale for growth. The compensation team will leverage its expertise in compensation plan design, benchmarking and data analysis to roll out initiatives in our fast-paced environment. As the compensation expert, you will be responsible for the management and operations of several dimensions within compensation including but not limited to; compensation planning, equity program development, executive compensation, program management and partnering heavily with other areas of the people team & leaders across the entire organization.
The Impact You Will Make
- Develop, implement and manage the compensation process for the organization
- Design new compensation programs and plans that support our compensation philosophy including bonus plan designs
- Lead the salary planning, merit budget, job evaluation and salary structure components of the overall compensation system
- Collaborate with Finance, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Legal, Public Relations and leadership in solving a variety of issues pertaining to equity and incentive compensation.
- Optimize data and reporting - Identify synergies and other opportunities for enhancement of current systems, resources and processes for improved efficiency, quality, timeliness, and accuracy of HR functions
- Partner with the HRIS team in enhancing processes and insights; Assist with technology implementations and data maintenance
- Execute high quality compensation analysis of large data sets to uncover insights and deliver findings
- Ensure Company is in compliance with all federal and local laws related to compensation and associated taxes
- Work with third party vendors in gathering global benchmarking data and business intelligence
- Serve as program manager across broader compensation and total rewards projects
- Manage a small team of compensation analysts
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in compensation, total rewards, executive compensation, within publicly traded progressive technology, financial services, and/or retail industries
- Minimum of 2 years in a people management/leadership role
- Mastery skills in Excel; Deep reporting skills
- A natural leader that values collaboration with the ability to influence decision makers
- Experience designing and linking compensation systems to retention programs and succession planning.
- Strong business acumen; a solid understanding of the financial, legal and tax implications of the various global compensation alternatives.
- Change agent driving best practices and leads innovate thinking
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that requires strong project management and decision-making capabilities. Hands-on approach required.
- Excellent strategic and analytical capability
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future trends/consequences and create innovative strategies.
- Executive presence with the ability to influence senior management; and work across all levels of an organization
- Collaborative business style to work effectively across all key stakeholders internally and externally
- Has experience with broad-based, equity and international compensation
- Maintains confidentiality and delivers with accuracy and thoroughness in a timely manner
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected].