Sr. Manager of Training & Enablement at Paro
Paro is hiring a Sr. Manager of Training & Enablement. We strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Sr. Manager of Training & Enablement will be responsible for all Sales, Customer Success training, enablement and Expert digital onboarding. This individual will be responsible for curriculum development and delivery of all new hire, continuous education and the ongoing onboarding/acclimation of our Paro Expert community to our platform, procedures and statement of work proposal process. This individual will work with leaders across the company to continuously identify (and solve for) gaps in training, performance, resources and understanding of the Paro process.
Successful execution of this role will lead to sales pipeline acceleration, decreased ramp time for new hires, adoption of ‘value-based solution selling’, successful client management within our Customer Success teams in retention and growth, the best in class “customer” experience for our Expert network and achievement of our revenue growth goals.
This person shares a passion for helping Sales Reps and Customer Success Managers continuously develop their selling skills, effectively hone their client management and knowledge of Paro’s value proposition alongside the execution of channel and department synergies. The role will oversee the planning, development, and delivery of Sales and Account Management training. In addition, this individual will play a key role in helping develop and implement a fully digital onboarding process for freelancers in a seamless and efficient manner. This role will work closely with subject matter experts to build relevant content that improves the readiness of the Sales and Customer Success to effectively communicate our value proposition and continue to expand our client base while providing the best experience for clients and experts alike.
- Refine and develop current onboarding/training curriculum and procedures and work to improve/implement best practices
- Design quality Sales & Customer Success training programs and schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Develop and implement a seamless, informative and value-add onboarding program for Paro’s expert community. Refine and implement ongoing communications and helpful tips and tricks to help facilitate winning more clients and managing projects
- Revise and simplify current compilation and disbursement of Onboarding Materials
- Develop all training content and maintain relationship with Marketing on content and production needs
- Incorporate various training methodologies and tools to accommodate different learning styles
- Evaluate solutions and tools (some in place already) that help increase team and sales rep productivity while decreasing time-to-close
- Assess the effectiveness of programs, tools, and processes and recommend adjustments as needed
- Continuously measure and track to KPIs to evaluate program effectiveness
- Recalibrate based on feedback to improve satisfaction, knowledge transfer, behavior change, and business results
- Partner with VP of Sales & Customer Success, Sales Operations and Analytics teams, etc. to uncover emerging trends/opportunities within sales and client performance
- Develop a culture of learning and adoption within the Sales and Customer Success organizations
- Conduct needs assessments/quality control methods across Sales and Customer Success and management to ensure programs align with business needs
- Collaborate with Tech, Marketing, and Sales Ops to ensure sales team is trained on both existing and upcoming solutions
- Help develop and support the implementation of sales enablement tools and training
- Coordinate content and resources to support all Enablement and Training for the Sales and Customer Success organization including training programs, processes, tools, and events
- Work with subject matter experts to develop professional training procedure and course materials on sales processes and sales systems
- Have 5+ years of experience leading the Training & Enablement function for an organization
- Will be ambitious, able to build trust, motivated, think outside the box
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in role that operates across multiple departments
- Possess exceptional listening, organization, presentation, and business strategy skills
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays – in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow