Talent Acquisition Partner (Technology) at KAR Global
We power the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of approximately 3.4 million units valued at more than $40 billion through our auctions in 2018. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 76 countries.
Headquartered in Carmel, Ind., KAR has more than 15,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
The Talent Acquisition Partner (Technology) will act as a consultative business partner for our Hiring Managers, HR Partners, and IT Leadership to anticipate, support and deliver the recruiting and hiring needs of the company. You will excel at talent identification, talent attraction, candidate assessment and delivering a positive candidate experience. The Senior Talent Acquisition Partner will create and execute a comprehensive talent strategy that aligns to the needs of the business as well as attract top talent to achieve immediate and long-term business objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand the vision and business objectives as it relates to Talent Acquisition, while influencing and executing recruiting strategies to support the talent needs of the company.
- Lead the full life-cycle recruiting process from start to finish including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, recommending a qualified talent pool, and offer negotiation for technology positions at KAR.
- Establish relationships with candidates through social networking, technology user groups, internet data mining, media channels, industry relationships, internal and external referrals, job fairs, and other means.
- Understand and anticipate current market trends, compensation packages, and practices specifically in the Information Technology field, and their effects on talent acquisition and retention.
- Proactively generate a continual, diverse pipeline of highly-qualified candidates.
- May attend job fairs, tech meet ups, university events or other recruiting venues as requested.
- Partner with other Talent Acquisition members on special projects to build and sustain strategies to continuously deliver a high level of customer service to the organization and meet the technology area and the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Work with established third-party vendors on an as needed basis.
- Assist in immigration sponsorship and processes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational experience required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in information technology recruiting highly preferred.
- Experience developing and executing fully comprehensive sourcing/recruitment strategies.
- Experience using social media tools, research and personal network for sourcing and branding efforts preferred. Well established network of technology connections in the Midwest preferred.
- Must have above average computer skills and at least five (5) years’ experience with an HRIS system (Workday a plus) and other software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as use of the Internet and e-mail.
- Must possess ability to source and attract the right talent by effective interviewing, assessing candidates accurately and fulfilling talent needs in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, social and communication skills with strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport, build credibility and create partnerships at all levels within the company.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong ability to operate independently.
- Must have the emotional maturity and demonstrated patience / understanding to work with Hiring Managers, candidates and other coworkers; the need to react quickly under pressure is essential.