Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who We Are
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re tackling the problems international shippers and carriers have faced for years by delivering seamless and modern transportation solutions to our customers.
But if we’re going to keep changing the logistics game, we need a larger team of game changers who enjoy working hard almost as much as they enjoy free nitro cold brew on tap (which we have, in case that was too subtle).
Who You Are
You are excited to join a growing company to help us expand our Technical and Logistics teams. You’re a competent brand ambassador who is eager to build relationships and rapport with top talent in Chicago. You know how to provide a best-in-class candidate experience for prospective hires and new hires. You know to implement and manage hiring processes and serve as a point-person for hiring managers. You love solving business problems through exceptionally talented people.
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Lead full-life cycle talent acquisition for a high-growth, venture funded company.
- Work as an extension of the founding team, sharing the story of Forager while building a talent acquisition process from the ground up.
- Collaborate with our hiring managers to design and execute an overall talent acquisition strategy that meets their needs.
- Source, interview, and hire across a wide range of roles, including engineering.
- Provide interview training, coaching, and mentorship.
- Build programs that will help attract top people.
- Own our Applicant Tracking System.
- Implement onboarding for our new Foragers.
- Collect and analyze data to help us better understand salary expectations, the reasons roles are hard to fill, or are turned down.
What You Need:
- 3+ years in a full life-cycle talent role, preferably for a high growth organization.
- Ambition and drive; you want to build a great company, not just match resumes to requirements.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn all things Forager.
- Strong communication skills, and even stronger listening skills.
- From hiring managers, to teams, to candidates, you take the time to learn their needs and build a process to fit.
- An understanding of the candidate experience. You make sure candidates feel welcome and special while providing prompt, kind, and clear feedback.
- A creative sourcing strategy. You don’t default to posting on big job boards.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail. You are comfortable doing everything from scheduling interviews, organizing candidate visits to extending offers.
- Experience in behavior-based interviewing.
- The ability to close and negotiate.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Breezy).
- Comfort using MSOffice.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably.
What We Offer:
- Benefits package with 401k, dental, and opportunities for continuing education
- A cool office in Fulton Market – and not “ping pong table and a coffee maker” cool but “fancy latte machine, fully stocked pantry, and regular team events” cool.
- A fast-paced startup environment with endless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career path.