VP, Talent Acquisition
tronc, one of the country’s leading multimedia companies, is seeking a Vice President, Talent Acquisition to lead our Talent Acquisition team. At tronc we continue to drive transformation and help power the future of digital news while promoting award-winning, culture-impacting journalism. If you’d like to directly impact the success of our company (and would like to grow with us, of course), then this may be the job for you!
The Vice President, Talent Acquisition is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and implementation for company-wide talent acquisition. This role interfaces with senior leadership to design and execute workforce planning initiatives to meet evolving staffing requirements for current and future business priorities. This role will be both a strategic and tactical role; the individual will be required to roll up their sleeves to assist in executive level recruitment and create solutions for hard-to-fill positions.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press, and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 60 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
tronc also operates Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
- Design and execute best practice recruitment strategies to attract, assess and hire qualified candidates
- Promotes tronc’s diversity and inclusion initiatives in the workplace and ensure recruitment strategies attract diverse candidates
- Proactively identify, plan and achieve staffing priorities
- Evaluate and refine sourcing and selection procedures that provide an exceptional candidate experience, while meeting business goals and achieving desired staffing metrics
- Manage the Talent Acquisition team and hold team members accountable to performance expectations and standards
- Identify and implement a strategy that offers a candidate assessment tool to increase the quality of hire and reduce turnover
- Build strong external/community partnerships to diversify the talent pool and enable the development of a strong talent pipeline for current and future hiring needs
- Provide an exceptional candidate experience through consistent practices, gathering survey feedback from candidates and customers and applying the feedback for continuous improvement
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs at all levels, most importantly in high turnover positions
- Partner with Talent Management and Learning & Development on the launch of strategic internships and diversity recruitment programs
- Conduct executive searches utilizing tronc sourcing strategies or in partnership with an executive search firm
- Strategically support recruitment events to promote a strong employer brand and market presence
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and recruiting software to support staffing goals
- Develop standardized staffing metrics and reporting capabilities that support tronc’s business priorities that can be included in an HR Scorecard
- Develop and oversee the workforce planning process for the organization to ensure available talent as business conditions change
- Ensure best practice employment processes to include job postings, I-9 process, background check, credential verification and renewal, references and exit interviews
- 10+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition is required; 3 years TA leadership experience for a large corporate company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is a must
- 5 Years of hands on experience with an ATS system is required
- Proven track record of problem solving as an owner, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- Demonstrated success of process improvement efforts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in corporate staffing; media industry and/or sales preferred