Morningstar’s Finance & Accounting team is responsible for planning, forecasting, and analyzing the company’s financial results. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.
As an Accounting Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger teams. This is a paid internship requiring 40 hours per week during the summer and at least 20 hours per week during the 2018-2019 academic year. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Interact with analyst teams; respond to internal and external customer inquiries related to invoice status and issues.
• Assist with billing process.
• Prepare monthly accruals and other journal entries; perform account reconciliations.
• Understand, analyze, and suggest process improvements.
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master's degree program in a related field of study and must have completed some college accounting coursework.
• Currently located in the Chicago area and will be in the area during the 2018-2019 academic year and 2019 summer.
• Strong communication and organizational skills; experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Previous experience with Oracle’s accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger, or accounts payable modules is a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity