Analytics Internship - Summer 2020 at Enova
How do you want to grow?
Think back to your last job. Did you trust your boss to have your back, to be looking out for you? Enova managers and leaders actively look to develop your skills, to give you more interesting projects, to help you get promoted. When we talk to our team members, they tell us that they really do believe in their managers and directors. Where else will you have regular conversations about your career progress and how to get to your goal? We invest in our people so they can grow, whether it’s straight up the ladder or along their own unique path. This creates a culture where you can truly be seen. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
As an Analytics Intern, you’ll immerse yourself in the Analytics department and get a unique experience by working on real projects that impact our day-to-day business and production. We are problem-solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers so you’ll be expected to hit the ground running and own your projects, with guidance from your manager and teammates. You’ll be placed on one of our four workgroups (Portfolio, Fraud, Customer Insights, or Research, Architecture and Platforms) and, while that will be your primary team for the summer, you’ll gain exposure to and work with the other groups throughout your internship so you leave Enova with a strong understanding of what we do and what you’d like to focus on post-graduation. When you’re not performing your Analytics responsibilities you’ll be having fun, learning professional skills and networking with the rest of Enova.
What you'll be doing:
- Learn the technologies, strategies and analytic techniques we use here at Enova
- Develop, enhance and test the company’s models for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend risk management, marketing and operational strategies
- Work with senior management to develop key performance indicators (KPI's) to ensure that our products are performing optimally
- Present on your project findings and results to key executives and the department at the conclusion of your internship
We get excited about you if you have:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree, Master's or PhD in a related field of study with a planned graduation of Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- Advanced programming ability to write customized code for meaningful data analysis in at least one programming language
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and advanced use of statistical applications and databases
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
About the Analytics team:
We live and breath data at Enova, and our 70+ person Analytics team is at the heart of it all. They use cutting-edge machine learning and advanced modeling techniques to drive business value in a number of different ways. Depending on the team, that could mean building a state-of-the-art credit risk model; it could mean spotting patterns in data that indicate fraud; it could mean researching a brand new type of algorithm we’ve never even used before. Whatever it is, it’ll typically be used to make real-time decisions on our website. What makes us different from Analytics teams elsewhere? We’re language agnostic here which means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand. The team primarily uses Python, R, SAS, and SQL but if you think another tool is right for your project, go for it.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.