Android, Mobile Engineer Intern, Apprenticeship at Fetch Rewards
*Candidates must be able to work full time hours & be open to a perm role after the internship!
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require growing the engineering team. We’re looking for Android, Mobile Software Engineering Interns for an Apprenticeship to contribute immediately and hopefully transition to full-time positions upon completion of the 3 month internship. Please apply if you can work full time after the internship! Thank you!
You will build highly performant mobile applications to integrate seamlessly with our backend services. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with the mentorship of an experienced team member.In your tool-bag:
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Must be a Senior in College and/or Graduating from College - able to work full-time hours!
You have experience with:
- Object oriented or functional programming languages
- Mobile Development (Android or iOS)
- Modern App Architecture (MVVM/MVC)
- Version control system (Git)
- Both Android and iOS experience
- Personal app release
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Comfortable working Remotely and Full Time after the Internship is completed!
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace