Hologram is looking for recent college or coding bootcamp graduates eager to learn at an entry level under close mentorship. Bring your energy, enthusiasm, and unconventional perspective to Hologram as we build modern, robust web services that reinvent the phone company from the bottom up. We're looking for folks with pride in their craft and the drive to learn new approaches to deliver great experiences.
- A strong focus on teaching and continuous learning. You'll work directly with a dedicated mentor from day 1, with a six-month track to promotion to full software engineer.
- A different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world.
- We’re committed to writing software the right way, using best practices to write high quality code and giving engineers the space and autonomy to do excellent work.
- Transparency all across the company, from salaries, to the cap table, to how many dollars are in the bank.
- Hologram engineers work up and down the stack, and are actively encouraged to cross-train in new areas of computer science they haven’t worked with before.
- We collaborate across departments, working directly with designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work.
- A portfolio of working software projects you're proud of and excited to talk about
- Excitement to get under the hood, find out how things work, and how to make them better
- The ability to take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, working through corner cases and obstacles, and exercising judgment along the way
- Enthusiasm to understand how the business works and how your work contributes to its success
- You know where and how you do your best work, and what you need to stay in the zone
- A talent for moving fast, both in time to first release on a new feature, and on long-running systems code that’s easy to maintain
- Eagerness to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career.
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary for this role is $84,000 for an average cost of living city. (For the highest cost-of-living cities like NYC and San Francisco, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- All the tools and equipment you need to do great work, as well as a generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.