Bioinformatics Internship - Summer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Computational biology / bioinformatics intern with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and biomarker development. This position requires experience in scientific programming, statistical methods development and implementation, and an understanding of cancer biology cell biology and human genetics.
Tempus is accepting resumes for paid full time summer internships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sequence quality control data analysis
- Help design and conduct studies to identify novel genetic biomarkers relevant to clinical cancer care and provide insights into basic tumor biology. These studies involve analyses of data from candidate genes and genome-wide sequence data across both DNA and RNA.
- Collaborate with engineers, scientists, and clinicians to design and perform statistical analyses and evaluate genetic associations.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research insights into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Manage and contribute to building the Tempus knowledge databases
- Must be working towards a Master’s or higher degree level in bioinformatics or focused on human genetics, biostatistics, cancer biology or molecular biology related to cancer
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Computational skills using R and/or Python
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, implement, and evaluate research projects for biological problems
- Goal-oriented thinking
- Great problem solving skills
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience