Carrier Sales Intern – Chicago at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Looking for an internship role in Summer 2021 and think you have what it takes to be a part of our team? Learn more about what we are looking for and apply if you have what it takes!
Echo’s summer internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interact with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thrive in an environment and culture that listens to and welcomes your feedback. Echo is a high-energy organization with great enthusiasm, collaboration and is a lot of FUN to be a part of!
Spend your summer working within Echo’s Technology team! Echo recently ranked as the second-largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we continue growing virtually all our technical teams. As part of our team, you will contribute to engineering of large-scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever-growing market.
Check out "The Echo Growth" and our recent #1 third-party logistics provider (3PL) award voted by readers of Inbound Logistics!
- Must be able to start June 7, 2021 (internship goes through August 6, 2021)
- Able to work daily at our downtown Chicago location (600 W Chicago Ave)
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
As a Carrier Sales Intern you will work closely with a carrier rep, our extensive network of carriers, as well as develop new relationships. You learn what it takes to take a proactive approach in mastering the pricing and capacity fluctuations in the truckload shipping market.
- Work closely with a mentor throughout the summer
- Help the team to source carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Work closely within your team to help schedule all shipments
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities
- Work with mentor on negotiating rates with carriers on a spot or transactional basis
- Establish internal relationships within Echo
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Paid internship, casual dress, team outings
- Help understand career opportunities by joining an industry leader for the summer
- Work with virtually all aspects and teams within Echo Technology
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Plan to learn a lot and have a lot of fun!
Work Environment/Physical Demands Summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of
that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.