Content Intern at Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com is looking for someone with experience writing for a virtual audience to help with a variety of tasks. You will have your hands in several aspects of our content department, including writing and editing, researching, fact-checking and, in general, being an extra set of hands and eyes for our team.
Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. The platform invites visitors to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community. With up-to-date listings, the company offers aspiring homeowners accurate and reliable information about market changes and new homes for sale. Neighborhoods.com and its network of real estate agents are licensed and knowledgeable experts that guide users through every step of the homebuying process—from the initial search to the closing table.
What You'll be Learning and Doing:
- Providing copy and editing support on blog articles, community pages, etc.
- Collecting and compiling information for specific posts
- Writing, organizing, and uploading content for community pages
- Identifying blog post ideas that will appeal to a national audience
- Researching age-restricted communities and collecting facts and stats
- Identifying high-value and large-scale neighborhoods that deserve additional coverage
- Photo/content outreach
- Reviewing community pages for accuracy
We're looking for someone with:
- Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for grammar and punctuation
- Research skills — beyond just Googling — and data interpretation
- Some basic knowledge of real estate and architecture
- Self-starter attitude who looks for opportunities to contribute
- Detail-oriented mindset and able to focus on specific tasks
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A desire to be a part of an evolving content and editorial team
- Must be available to work 15-25 hours per week, M-F.
- If applicable, we'll work with you to ensure you earn course credit and schedule around your classes.
- Pay is $13/hr. Internship will last 3 months.
Please upload a cover letter, your resume, and (if applicable) writing samples. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.