Data Analyst Intern - Winter 2019
Trading is a highly competitive technology-focused industry. In our world, the best ideas alone are often no longer enough. We succeed by pairing best trading ideas with robust, scalable and fast technology.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems, rapid iterative improvement, and quick feedback loops? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
As a Data Analyst Intern at IMC, you’ll work directly with traders on a daily basis to answer the critical questions that fuel trading improvements. Embedded in a dynamic trading desk, you will use python to pull, enrich, and sift through the vast data available at IMC to illustrate the payoffs of various trading ideas either in backtests or realtime. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible in the first few months of 2019.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- We have a very quick feedback loop, implementing new ideas quickly, gathering feedback, and making continuous progress. Your work can have an immediate impact on trading decisions.
- We operate at the leading edge of technology, leveraging the latest applications of Hadoop, processing terabytes of data each day for mission critical trading systems.
- The trading landscape is constantly changing, creating new and exciting challenges. The ability to quickly adapt is key to our success.
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job exciting.
- We are a diverse group with broadly different backgrounds. However, a common thread amongst employees is their superior technical expertise, extraordinary smarts and collaborative approach.
- We hire the best because responsibility and ownership starts on day one at IMC.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Graduate or current student in engineering, computer science, or related quantitative field of study
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience with Java, SQL, and Spark is a strong advantage
- Must be self-directed, and able to work productively under minimal supervision
- Willingness to work closely with traders in a constantly changing environment
- Interest in the Financial Markets; previous knowledge is NOT required
- Located in Chicago
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.