Data Science Intern, 2023 Summer U.S. at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your summer with us having impact on how millions of users collaborate and use software. The most amazing thinkers-like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers-are coming to us for solutions. We're in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas on the ground and into the world. Apply for our Summer 2023 intern program and start an awesome career!
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
What you'll do
- Align data science priorities and identify high impact opportunities with our partner's strategy
- Improve user journey and customer value by managing and understanding trends in large volumes of data
- Guide measurement culture and understand impact of our partner's strategy; including designing and analyzing experiments and feature launches
- Envision, scope, and build projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data scientists
- Share high-quality insights to several levels of leadership to guide important decisions and shape company strategies
- Foster a world-class analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how partners use data to make decisions
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship, graduating by June 2024
- Experience with SQL and other programming languages like Python, Scala, or R
- Be able to commit to a full-time (40hrs / week) 12-week internship
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience with Data Science, expressed by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications
- Understanding of machine learning and predictive modeling
- Experience with supervised learning, optimization, and statistical analysis
- Experience translating business problems into technical solutions
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .