Data Science Intern, Summer 2021 at Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for students to spend the summer with us. If you are excited about award winning Data Science projects, have a desire to learn Big Data technologies, and how to productize a model, then IAS is the place for you.
As a Data Science Intern of the team you’ll be partnered with a senior team member and work with machine learning, natural language processing, and image recognition to solve complex ad tech problems.
The Data Science team is a high-profile team at the center of innovation and a major contributor to the company’s core products. The types of challenges we solve attract people from industry and academia alike with diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning, physics, biology, and neuroscience; to finance and economics. We’re passionate about maintaining an open and collaborative environment, where team members bring their own unique style of thinking and tools to the table.
What you’ll do:
- Build ML models to evaluate the environment in which ads are served
- Build unsupervised and supervised ML models for device verification
- Develop approaches for differentiating human and bot behaviors
- Study deep learning video classification algorithms
- Investigate and combat algorithmic bias
- Attend intern activities designed to allow you to develop your skills, better understand your career interests and identify opportunities for future employment
- Network with other interns and IAS employees
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Currently pursuing a PhD, MSc (or advanced BSc) in CS, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Familiar with Machine Learning techniques, possibly (but not necessarily) with a focus on natural language processing or image/video analysis
- Proven experience in Python and working knowledge of SQL would be a plus
- Self-learner and able to quickly pick up new systems and technologies with guidance
- Detail oriented, problem-driven and not afraid to solve complex problems
- Great communication and presentation skills, team-oriented
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.