DevOps Intern, Spring 2021 at Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for an intern to join our DevOps team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As an intern at IAS, you’ll have the chance to work first hand on quality assurance and automation engineering at a multi-petabyte scale. As a member of the team you’ll be partnered with a senior team member working with AWS, Selenium, Python, java and other tech to grow and improve our continuous integration/delivery pipeline.
About our Team:
Engineering and data science is at the core of Integral Ad Science. Quite simply our platform is the engine that powers the verification, optimization, and analytics solutions we provide. We work at a scale and complexity that is matched by few in the industry and use leading edge tools to get the job done.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop automated PR and build Jenkins pipelines
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment as code
- Interface with QA to incorporate automated testing in CI/CD pipelines
- Utilize containerization to make testing faster
- Develop system metrics gathering and production monitoring as required
- Act as an internal support for Release Engineering issue resolutions
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and participate in mitigation
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills
- Increase technology knowledge and learn new skills
- Develop remote team-based work experience with tools such as Slack and video conferencing
- Develop interpersonal skills to communicate with other members of the R&D team
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- Ability to collaborate as part of a mostly-remote team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion for technology, intellectual curiosity and desire to learn and grow
- Desire to improve the software development lifecycle
- Interest or experience with DevOps practices
- Experience in Linux/Unix Administration or running Linux on your machine
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services tools
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with working in a cloud environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.