Digital Marketing Analytics Internship - Summer 2019 at TransUnion
”TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.”
-Chris Cartwright, President US Info Services, CEO Administration
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Opportunities to gain practical knowledge of applications of analytics in the consumer credit/ insurance industry
What you’ll bring:
- At least a 3.3 GPA in a graduate program in pursuit of a degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics, or a related quantitative field
- Ability to conduct meaningful research with a high degree of independence.
- Advanced programming skills in one or more statistical languages, such as R, Python, or SAS.
- Able to communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization, both verbally and in writing.
What we’d prefer to see:
- Familiarity with relational databases and “Big Data” technologies.
- Demonstrated interest in applications of analytic methods in the financial services and insurance industries strongly preferred.
Impact you’ll make:
- Generate, formally propose, and finalize a research topic in collaboration with the supervisor. Research should either demonstrate a technique not commonly used by the department or a substantial process improvement to a commonly used method.
- Manage the project proactively and prove your supervisor with periodic progress reports.
- Design an appropriate testing environment to measure applicability of the proposed methodology to the needs of the business unit and compare with alternative approaches, as appropriate.
- Create any software code necessary for the use of the proposed methodology.
- Carefully document, prepare and present a summary of data sources and research findings in an internal white paper for senior management.
- Conduct training for other Associates as appropriate.
- Provide support for Data Analytics projects beyond the scope of the research project, as needs arise.