Enterprise Technology Solutions Intern at OCC
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Our team is currently working with the financial risk department to build a series of dashboards which measure the performance of their market models. This position will function as a business analyst, gathering requirements, building designs, documenting, and participating in quality assurance.
- Our team is beginning a project to integrate data from Oracle into Tableau for enhanced analysis and reporting capability. This position will work to gather requirements, design wireframes, integrate data and build reports.
- This position will work closely with the Quality Assurance team to learn and perform quality assurance testing.
- Basic Computer skills including Word/Excel
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic data querying and data organization concepts
- Basic reporting design and analysis concepts
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Improved business communication, requirements analysis and agile workflow skills
- Hands On experience with Tableau, Alteryx and Jira
- Understanding of development cycles and quality control processes