- Chicago, IL, USA
Founded in 2016, Leaf Trade is a technology company whose platform facilitates ordering and fulfillment in highly regulated cannabis markets. Using the features on Leaf Trade’s platform, vendors can streamline all order fulfillment processes, increase sales through custom storefronts, and generate powerful reports and analytics. Dispensaries can leverage Leaf Trade’s tools to discover trending products through its data-driven shopping process, easily request samples and marketing materials, and manage orders from their customers from start to finish. Headquartered in Chicago, Leaf Trade is partnered with five of the largest multi-state cannabis operators and itself operates in 16 states.
About the Role
Leaf Trade is looking to bring on an MBA student as a Financial Analyst Intern to report to the VP of Finance and leadership team at our fast-growing tech startup. We are looking for a high-energy, experienced financial products and corporate analysis professional who will assist the company in achieving our growth goals using smart financial intuition.
The ideal candidate is data driven, business-minded, and results oriented. You will be responsible for helping plan and execute our emerging financial products systems, do financial modeling as needed, and build reports to provide insights into company performance. As an integral member of our Finance team, you will help surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the leadership team across the organization.
Leaf Trade is in a unique position to leave a large footprint in the emerging Cannabis industry. Our company is rapidly evolving and All Hands On Deck, so you should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a whatever-it-takes mentality to help the company grow quickly and sustainably.
- Create, implement, and improve processes around our emerging financial products suite.
- Enhance and maintain detailed financial models to support accurate and timely monthly forecasts , annual and periodic budgeting and long term financial projections.
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of budgeting, forecasting and long term planning processes with new tools, processes and reporting changes.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Company, its products and services, its markets and its internal organization in order to be able to identify opportunities to increase revenue and profit.
- 3+ years of relevant Finance experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Knowledge around banking, payments, and financial products (think Stripe, etc.)
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Experience with corporate forecasting and financial reporting
- Highly analytical with an aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Strong communication skills including setting goals and objectives
- Excellent writing skills, both to customers and internal staff
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus, NOT required
- Fast growth environment with potential for quick upward mobility
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.