Research Solutions for Optimal Box Packaging Materials:
- Analyze produce quality incidents related to temperature
- Partner with Packaging Team to identify potential solutions
- Research industry practices on refrigeration efficiency
- Formulate hypotheses on packaging improvement solutions
Develop Methodology to Test Hypotheses:
- Establish methodology to measure temperature
- Define test chamber parameters to recommended solutions for quality problems
Conduct Testing to Identify Optimal Packaging Solution:
- Organize and execute tests against hypotheses
- Conduct tests using temperature test chamber and user testing
- Evaluate product quality during testing
Develop Recommended Approach to Optimize Food Safety & Quality Needs:
- Analyze data from chamber and data loggers, distribute to internal customers, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Prepare cost benefit analysis for proposed recommendations
- Prepare comprehensive report with finding and recommended solutions
Qualifications - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: energetic and able to lead change, create vision, and inspire people to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver: Identify issues quickly and bring recommended solutions backed by logic to the discussion
- Interpersonal savvy: Develop rapport across the organization in order to build consensus for implementing new processes and tools
- Attention to detail: Organizational skills and ability to manage details of complex systems and operational processes
- Results oriented: Deal with ambiguity and make timely decisions to get to impact quickly
- Embody the Home Chef core values of customer first, pursuing excellence, taking ownership, and building a best-in-class team
- Agribusiness, Meat Science, Food Science, Animal Science or related major.
- Must have completed your sophomore year in college.
- 1-2 years work experience in operations or the food industry
- Technical ability: Experience with Excel and Google Business Apps
- Up to one year of post-high school training such as in a business school, community college or vocational training.