The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: Morningstar seeks an intern to support our centralized Talent & Culture team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience and exposure to the end-to-end processes that support creating an exceptional employee experience. This is a terrific role for someone exploring a career in Human Resources. This is a part-time, paid internship that requires working about 20-25 hours per week during the school year, and up to 40 hours during the summer and other break periods. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Assist the Talent & Culture team with a variety of projects including onboarding of new employees, training and event coordination, special HR-related projects, and beyond.
- Maintain and update employee information in HR information systems and reports. This role will gain exposure to the latest enterprise cloud technologies that support running a business.
- Perform ad-hoc troubleshooting and tasks to support both flawless process execution and supporting leaders and managers in maintaining a positive work environment and exceptional employee service.
- Must be currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must submit a cover letter and resume.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
- Flexible, self-starter who can work independently with strong attention to detail and has an interest in different aspects of human resources.
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to step forward and make contributions for the betterment of Morningstar and its employees.
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Demonstration of a high level of discretion and candor relating to sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively or on an independent basis.
- Previous project management or HR experience is a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Please specify cumulative GPA and current work availability in your cover letter.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.