Human Resources Intern - Summer 2020 at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking highly qualified summer analysts to join our growing team. Our goal is to provide summer analysts with a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work at Tempus. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer research with data and artificial intelligence.
Summer analysts will work with members of the Tempus team to support a specific 10-week project that impacts the business and that department. Students will have the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Tempus.
At a summer at Tempus, you will:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duration and Timing
Tempus summer analysts will spend ten weeks working in our Chicago headquarters. The program will commence in May/June and run through mid-August.
- Provide administrative support to the People & Culture and Talent Acquisition (TA) teams
- Assist People Ops and TA teams with documenting process improvements
- Work with TA and People Ops team to learn and clean up HR systems (Greenhouse and Paylocity)
- Provide project coordination efforts for culture and engagement programs and campus recruitment
- Special projects as assigned
- Current junior or senior undergraduate student
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Google Suite and Gmail.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to work in Chicago in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in mid-May or mid-June