Human Resources Intern at VelocityEHS
The VelocityEHS Human Resources team is looking for a Summer Human Resources Intern and an individual with high energy, a creative thought process and solid business skills who will thrive in our fast paced, ever-changing work environment. The HR Intern will have the opportunity to work in a variety of facets within the HR department and support our core values within the company.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and love making sure HR operation processes hum and are compliant then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the HR team in various onboarding, talent acquisition, benefits administration and engagement tasks
- Ensure compliance through electronic file maintenance and I-9 auditing
- Assist with the planning and coordination of internal engagement events
- Enhance Employer Branding efforts in assisting with content development and projects
- Research and collect data for various HR initiatives
- Make recommendations to streamline HR processes to improve efficiency
- Provide administrative support to the HR team across all locations (Australia, Canada, USA)
- Attend company/department/team trainings and meetings as appropriate
- Ad hoc team requests as needed
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited College/University
- Experience handing confidential matters
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Creative mindset to solve issues and embrace changes
- Self-driven individual with ability to work independently
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, muli-task and maintain attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships with high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Previous HR internship experience a plus
- Experience using various HRIS systems (UltiPro, Workday, ADP, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Some college or better.
Some college or better in Human Resource Administration or related field.