Imaging Science Intern
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. Our laboratory team is passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques from sample processing to creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. Our scientists collaborate with product, research, and business teams to develop the most advanced platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
You will be working with Tempus’ multidisciplinary team of physicians, cancer biologists, software engineers, and scientists to:
- Develop image analysis algorithms to solve exciting clinical problems
- Design and create a platform for medical image processing, analysis, and visualization
- Working toward a master's or higher degree level in biomedical/electrical engineering, medical physics or related field
- Practical experience with image processing methods (e.g. segmentation, registration, filtering, reconstruction, compression)
- Knowledge of medical imaging modalities (e.g. CT, PET, and MRI) and DICOM formats
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Deep understanding of anatomy, physiology, and imaging/radiation physics is a plus