Intern, Security Ops at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Information Security
The Cloud Security team at Gemini enables our partners across the business to benefit from impactful security tools, platforms, and guidance. With a passion for making the easiest path also the most secure one, Cloud Security focuses on accelerating the business through secure-by-design approaches for the needs of our internal peers to get their job done.
Whether we’re crafting highly-reliable cloud environments, securely configuring a new business service, advising on an in-progress architecture, or creating a custom toolchain, the Cloud Security team considers how we’re balancing friction with security value, fighting back “security theater” by using our expertise with an empathetic, customer-service approach.
The Role: Security Ops Intern - Summer 2022
Gemini is looking for Summer 2022 Interns to work on our cloud security teams and are interested in getting experience and exposure to Gemini's cloud systems and DevOps processes. You will be assigned high impact projects that will support the optimization of information security for all products and work with a team that has a mission of preventing and mitigating security problems across our systems.
Our goal is to provide a valuable experience that makes a direct impact on our business and jump starts your engineering career.
- Supporting our cloud security team with reviewing and assigning work related to projects
- Coding, testing, and debugging software features in conjunction with senior team member
- Partner closely with internal teams on security architecture and configuration decisions
- Effectively partner with cross-functional groups to ensure best security practices across the organization
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about cyber security and the operations and deployment of apps and services
- You are a critical thinker that is able to identify problems and determine a solution
- You are able to assess frictions, faults and defects that lead to inefficiencies
- You are able to propose improvements that reduce steps, improve quality, and deliver what is needed at a high level of quality in a reasonable amount of time
- Pursuing associate or bachelor degree in Security, Information Systems, MIS or related field
- Basic understanding of the cyber security threat landscape as well as the structure and technologies supporting large platforms
- Must be self motivated and able to work on an individual level as well as on a team
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues in cross functional settings
- Interest and/or understanding of the structure and technologies underlying large data platforms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.