Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
You will be working with a large robust data set to solve problems and answer questions. Your work will contribute to an article or paper that will be published. You will also:
- Work with a team of data scientists and healthcare industry experts
- Extract and analyze data in R and Python
- Perform analytical tasks on vast amounts of structured data to extract actionable business insights
- Prepare statistical analyses of data
- Write up analyses and present findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to a variety of projects, including internal performance improvement initiatives and development of new system capabilities
This paid internship program is targeted to start on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 and span approximately 10 weeks.
What we’re looking for:
- You are currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or related field
- You love statistics and have experience with R, Python, and/or SQL
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- You like to take an idea and run with it, and can work with limited guidance when necessary
Applicants should be available to work in our downtown Chicago office and provide their own housing for the duration of the 10-week internship experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.