Intern at Morningstar
Investment Operations Intern Job Description
The Group: Morningstar Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create world-class investment strategies leveraging the full resources of Morningstar. The group specializes in multi-asset investing, using equities, fixed income and alternative investments to construct robust portfolios. Through our investment offerings, we serve financial advisers and institutions, and the investors that they serve.
The Role: Morningstar seeks a part time intern to support the Investment Operations team with a large, complex project to transition accounts from one custodian to another. This will be a key role involving document review, transition tracking, account monitoring, and account maintenance. A successful candidate will increase project momentum and quality control. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Support and execute operations processes in support of the Morningstar Managed Portfolios (SM) service team and Conversion Project.
• Execute daily conversion project tasks.
• Support Investment Operations team on incoming requests and client service items.
• Maintain detailed project tracking documents and organized files.
• Coordinate efforts on document delivery and receipt.
• Review account transition paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
• Report key status updates and transition issues to team members.
• Develop and report on metrics for project success.
• Attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Excellent organization skills (email, task management, follow-up)
• Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and independently, delivering on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Strong written and verbal communication in English.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Enthusiastic team player.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program.