Internship - UX Designer at Intelligent Medical Objects (Chicago, IL)
| Chicago | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:56 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 19, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the qualifications on a job description. IMO is committed to considering all candidates even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications listed. We look forward to receiving your application!
Work that is meaningful. A job that has impact. Colleagues that inspire. That’s what you’ll find at Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO), a growing health IT company creating clinical terminology and insights solutions that are used by more than 740,000 US physicians and 4,500 US hospitals to power better patient care and support meaningful analytics.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about UX Design!
Internship Location: The internship will follow a hybrid model (combo of WFH and in-office work both in our Rosemont HQ office and our Chicago Office) to foster collaboration as well as flexibility. IMO remains committed to following safety precautions and guidelines regarding in-office work. Please only apply if you will be able to do both remote and on-site work at our offices.
What you'll do
- Become proficient on a toolset/skill – “I” shaped designer, build up a skill (research, UX design, or UI design)
- Understand the audiences we serve and become familiar with the IMO brand and products
- Build relationships within the team and be comfortable reaching out for help/asking questions
- Deliver solutions of low to medium-level complexity. Will receive guidance from other designers and review before completing projects
- Learn UX concepts and appropriate application
- Works on developmental assignments that are routine or low-risk in nature
- Required decision-making and judgment for low-complex assignments
- Learns UX concepts and applies them to projects
- Attend meetings to accumulate knowledge
What you'll need
- Related education is a plus but not required
- Eager to learn through IMO’s resources and self-research
- Curiosity for organizational challenges and an eagerness to explore new approaches.
- Your voice (whether it’s a loud one or a quiet one). We believe in communicating. Ideas, needs, questions, concerns, good jokes.. Remember when we said we welcome your point of view? We meant it.
- An autonomous attitude. Of course, we’re here to teach, support and guide you through the internship, but ultimately, you will own projects and your development.
What we'll give you
- Training from the best. Collectively, we’ve got years of expertise in Healthcare and IT.
- Extensive team-specific training that will drive your trajectory (classroom & beyond)
- Coaching on the non-technical stuff like presentation skills, business etiquette, résumé workshop, etc.
- A challenge. We’re here to push you. Our goal is to fill your summer with experience and connections you won’t forget. Probably a little fun, too.
- The opportunity to directly influence our products.
At IMO, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. IMO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
IMO also provides visa sponsorship opportunities. Please don't hesitate to apply if you meet all the qualifications for this position and require visa sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description