A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
IT Business Management Intern will be responsible for supporting IT Planning & Analytics function within the Office of the CIO. Candidate will be focused on IT metrics and reporting: gathering data, developing and testing new or updated models, and coordinating stakeholder reviews. By working in the Office of the CIO, this candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the Technology division, work with staff at all levels, and interact with Technology partners across the organization.
- Implement new report views related to infrastructure cost insights
- Implement new report views related to total cost of ownership for applications and services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office. Advanced user of Excel a plus
- Exposure to Jira and Confluence a plus Strong analytical skills. Inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions.
- Strong team player, dynamic personality, effective communicator. Candidate will work with individuals internal and external to the OCIO department and TBM functions
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Exposure to all aspects of running IT as a business – financial, IT consumption, governance and compliance, communications, and IT organizational change
- Understanding how different metrics is used to drive management decisions and optimize IT operating environment
- Identify key insights and opportunities to improve or behaviors that need to be addressed