IT Data Analyst 2020 Internship
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. Through a strong partnership with other areas of our business, we bring innovative thinking to every conversation and deliver with integrity. We’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisers (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
The Data Analyst is responsible for executing the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting, as well as the Data Analytics for the Planning Organization. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and distribute actionable, value-add reports supporting the Planning (Demand, Inventory & Lifecycle Mgt) Organization.
- Consolidate and analyze actual operating results for the Planning organization throughout the summer and compare to monthly / quarterly plan.
- Support the Planning process by providing the needed critical planning data as well as analyzing and suggesting important trends to optimize forecast accuracy and inventory targets.
- Participate in projects that will help drive process improvements in the Planning Organization.
- Verify and ensure accuracy of all data.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- High degree of computer literacy required, including proficient with spreadsheets.
- Ability to demonstrate proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to gain results in a team based environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment
- High level of curiosity and creative thinking preferred
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Mathematics, IT, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Must have a graduation date on or after December 2020
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.